Work Schedule: Full Time
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Founded in 1994, LV.Net is a successful Wireless Internet Service Provider (WISP) covering Nevada, California and Arizona. The Company has developed in-house systems to manage its infrastructure, schedule work and provide customer support. These systems are used by around 100 employees and thousands of customers. They are built in PHP and supported by an in-house development team.
The Company is looking for experienced, ambitious, modern backend developers to support its growth by continuing to automate repetitive work, expand the range of services it can provide and modernize and improve the overall quality of its systems. The Company is offering competitive pay, a relaxed working environment and the opportunity to work on several interesting, unique and multidisciplinary projects.
- Responsible for conducting and coordinating software development activities, including design decisions for the technology, structure and configuration of the system,
- Work with Department Manager and internal stakeholders to review problems, define and test solutions,
- Collaborate with team members on questions and decision making,
- Provide basic application support to internal stakeholders,
- Integrate third party web services using their API,
- Integrate network devices without an API (e.g. via Shell scripts).
- Detailed understanding of OOP and MVC principles,
- Proficient in modern, object-oriented PHP (version 7+),
- Proficient in SQL/MySQL,
- Proficient in git,
- Experience building complex web applications,
- Knowledge of web application threat vectors including SQL injection and CSRF,
- Knowledge of web application performance factors such as orders of complexity,
- Basic understanding of the Linux command line (Shell scripting is a plus),
- Experience developing with the Symfony PHP framework is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline,
- Equivalent experience working in a professional development setting may be substituted.